Upgrade to New-age IT Infra with RIM Services
An effective infrastructure is one aspect that has become mandatory for companies to progress and stay ahead in the competitive market scenario.
With the ever-growing technology advancements, need of the hour is to have relevant infrastructure that can support the deployed technical environment to achieve right targets.
While that has been the case, housing own infrastructure emerged as another challenge within for many firms, especially in terms of budget and maintenance.
Here is where the concept of operating own infrastructure from a remote location sounded needful. The resultant is the Remote Infrastructure Management Services (RIMS)!
RIMS, also called RIM services, basically refers to the management of infrastructure resources of an organization from a remote place, either entirely or in parts. This typically involves effective management of software and hardware including servers, IT security, network & storage devices and workstations of an organization.
New-Age IT Infrastructure with Digital Touch
With the fast-growing IT requirements and ever-changing consumer tendencies, deployment of technologies such as cloud and automation has become core component of business transformation for many firms.
- New-Age Data Centers: Moreover, cloud and virtualization have taken the companies’ infrastructure portfolio to the next level giving them a digital touch, while most leading companies are in run for service-oriented and secured IT infrastructure services that can support their advanced data centers.
- New-Age Workplace: Reshaping of workplace environment by means of cloud computing and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) have opened avenues for a new style of functioning while minimizing companies’ expenditure on infrastructure requirements to their personnel. Revolutionizing workplace infrastructure holds a high demand across firms, globally.
- New-Age Network: Equipping network infrastructure with digital solutions has become a core aspect for many firms. Increasing consumption and generation of data volumes has created the need for a revamp of the existing network infrastructure with the new-age network application services. The emergence of Internet of Things (IoT), Machine 2 Machine Interaction (MCI) and Big Data Analytics has fulfilled this demand.
New-age applies to many other deployments that are changing the way IT firms operate and really dissipates the critical infrastructure into individual components that function with more ease and productivity; this is where RIMS has an advantage!
Why RIM solutions popular today?
- RIM aims at cost reduction among other benefits. With the entry of RIM, cost for buying space and hiring IT personnel is eliminated.
- RIM brings you in the reach of exceptional technical expertise, better-than-before technologies and tools and much more. It put to use these accessories and resources to construct the best-in-class infrastructure framework for your business. Business also enjoy the advantage of being constantly monitored and maintained.
- Costs incurred for outsourcing monitoring functions are relatively cheaper than spending on repeated maintenance costs. Providers will constantly oversee functioning and remove any blockades to ensure consistent business operations.
For the companies planning expansion across various geographies, managing physical infrastructure is a tedious task. With this, physical infrastructure are often separated from the IT services, geographically.
This case is mostly observed in case of large organizations that work with multiple functional areas operating from various geographies. In such cases, the IT infrastructure required to support these functions are also scattered posing a serious challenge with regard to infrastructure management.
Here is where RIMS would be required as they easily manage the entire IT infrastructure centrally with a high level of ease, coordination and reparability. RIM Services are often outsourced to IT infrastructure service providers or consultants with expertise in IT infrastructure management.
RIM Over Traditional Infrastructure
Remote monitoring, security services, desktop and server administration, database administration, etc. fall under the gamut of RIM services.
- Utility-based approach: This is one major aspect of RIM. As the whole infrastructure is divided into parts or small components, the spending becomes utility-based, which means ‘spend only to what you deploy or use’, which creates a balance between business costs and achieving the targeted demands with ease.
- Alignment: Alignment of right components for right piece of work forms the ease in IT infrastructure management through RIM Services. Proper alignment of related infrastructure with the relevant processes brings flexibility in execution and business-service alignment.
- Process Enhancement: Boosts the speed of execution and reduces burden by enhancing the processes with more ease and flexibility
- Lower Risk of IT failure: A proper interaction among individual components in a centralized infrastructure environment minimizes the risk of failure.
- Reduced Operational Costs: Existence of the pay-for-what-you-use model minimizes the risk of high up-front investment with RIMS, thus reduces operational costs.
Overall, RIM strategy could be a one-stop solution for the new-age IT infrastructure that demands ease in process execution with timely delivery.
[ALSO READ – Infographic: Remote Infrastructure Management Services]