Veritis – A Cloud Consulting Partner of Your Choice!
Over the last few years, there has been a widespread growth in the adoption of cloud computing services by global organizations with a 50 percent year-on-year growth. However, presently there is no common framework or best practices used by companies for selecting cloud service providers. Selecting a reliable and capable service provider is vital for safeguarding a company’s applications and data.
Expectations from Cloud Consulting
Each company has specific business needs when it comes to availing the cloud consulting services. Hence, creating a checklist at the outset with specific requirements and minimum expectations from the consulting partners is essential. Requirements can range from technical, service and security-related parameters to data governance and service management.
In addition, specific environments and configurations also play a key role in determining the right providers to be entrusted with the task.
Key Challenges Encountered in Cloud Computing
Like in all other technologies, there are several issues involved in cloud computing that lead to corresponding challenges for companies looking to adopt the technology.
Following are some of them:
- Bandwidth costs: While hardware acquisition costs are lowered through cloud computing, expenditure on bandwidth costs increases considerably.
- Continuous monitoring: Continuous monitoring and performance supervision of cloud services are required to minimize frequent outages resulting in cloud computing.
- Data access and integration: Data ownership and loss of data control while moving to the cloud, along with smooth integration of all the existing applications with the cloud is a major challenge.
- Proper usability: Many companies are not clear about the utility of going in for cloud computing implementation and know-how of the technology’s value-addition to their business.
- Migration issues: Improper data migration from the legacy infrastructure to the cloud can cause major risks and hence, a proper strategy will be required.
- Cost assessment: Proper cost assessment is difficult owing to the scalable and incremental nature of cloud services.
How Veritis addresses the Cloud Computing Challenges
With our extensive experience we are well-positioned to be an ideal cloud consulting partner and assist customers end-to-end in all their cloud computing requirements. We provide a range of technology services that span across consulting, development, testing, support and customization.