2019 Cloud Survey: Hybrid Strategy, Containers and Config Tools Make the Trend!
The Cloud computing trend is moving further at a high pace with trends such as rising adoption, preference over different cloud variants, increasing enterprise-level cloud spending and more.
The 2019 State of Cloud survey, after researching 750+ technical professionals, has revealed some important cloud-related trends.
Here are some excerpts from the actual report:
- More than 80 percent of survey respondents report having a multi-cloud strategy, indicating a rise in hybrid strategy adoption from 51 percent in 2018 to 58 percent in 2019
- Public cloud adoption was observed at the level of 91 percent and private cloud at 72 percent
- Enterprises are maintaining a fine balance between cloud variants, with 31 percent of them prioritizing public cloud, followed by 28 percent on hybrid cloud and 17 percent between private and public clouds, respectively
- Public cloud spending is set to rise 24 percent further in 2019 over 2018, showing a three-fold rise compared to private cloud spending
- Cloud governance issues such as managing software license and costs take the lead as major challenges, irrespective of cloud maturity
- Cloud cost optimization for cost savings continues to the #1 priority in 2019 for the third consecutive year, with 66 percent of enterprises relying on the Cloud Center of Excellence and 21 percent still in the planning phase
Containers adoption is up, with Docker and Kubernetes leading
- Docker adoption up from 49 percent to 57 percent in 2018
- Kubernetes adoption, as a container orchestration tool, up from 27 percent to 48 percent
- Adoption rate is also high at the enterprise level, with 66 percent on Docker adoption and 60 percent using Kubernetes
- AWS Container Service (ECS/EKS), Azure Container Service and Google Container Engine also report a rise in adoption at the level of 44 percent, 28 percent and 15 percent, respectively.
Popular DevOps tools also see a rise in adoption
- Ansible with 47 percent adoption leads the configuration tools market, followed by Chef and Puppet that report 37 percent adoption
- At the enterprise level, Ansible holds a 53 percent adoption rate, followed by Chef and Puppet that witness 50 percent adoption each
- Terraform is next in the line with the strongest year-on-year growth in 2019, up by 55 percent from 20-31 percent last year
Azure continues to grow as the leading cloud platform, impacting the AWS’ market position.
Explore the trends and plan your activities for an early advantage!
- How to Plan an Effective Cloud Disaster Recovery Strategy?
- Cloud Computing Market Hits USD 250 Bn Mark in 2018
- Top #3 Cloud Predictions for 2019 and Further
- Cloud Managed Services