Financial Performance Optimization and myHR Analytics for Real Estate Services Client
The client is a leading real estate services and investment firm offering a broad range of integrated services such as property management, appraisal and valuation, and mortgage services. The company has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” multiple times.
The client was looking to achieve a 360-degree view of all their financial and HR data using Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics. Data discrepancies and data visualization were the critical business issues that were required to be addressed.
Data discrepancies caused by problems with the algorithm and data cleansing issues were the main challenges that were encountered during the project. These were alleviated by defining the gaps between the data and undertaking a Fit-Gap analysis.
The client initiated an enterprise BI adoption in 2012 for financial and HR reporting using PeopleSoft ERP system. Subsequently, the BI usage in the organization has increased significantly at an average of 200% every year with 30 dashboards and hundreds of reports being generated.
The Veritis team of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) consultants determined the business requirements with the client’s analysts and business users and planned the data visualization limitations.
The developers worked closely with the PeopleSoft Finance and HR teams in defining Finance and HR business user roles and scheduling the weekly security loads.
Other tasks taken up as part of the engagement include:
- Modelling the data designs, data tables and customizing the Oracle BI Repository database (RPD file)
- Designing and developing custom scripts (HTML, CSS) within OBIEE for better visualization
- Creating dimensional hierarchies for Dimensions, Aggregates and Level-Based Measures in the Business Model and Mapping (BMM)
- Testing the system upgrade to Oracle DB 12c and OBIEE 12c
- Triggering and debugging incremental loads on a daily basis and full loads on weekly basis using Informatica and Data Warehouse Application Console (DAC)
- Creating and configuring usage tracking / daily monitoring dashboards for performance-based query optimization
- Creating and updating technical documents such as Data Lineage spreadsheets, DW, ETL and OBIEE trackers, technical specifications, test case documents, repository utility documents and catalog reports
Environment / Technologies / Tools
Veritis BI services helped the client in greatly curtailing their project timelines and saving costs. Some of the other advantages delivered by the project include:
- Collaborative and seamless work environment
- On-time and even advance delivery
- Bug-free reporting
- Increased ROI of over $13 for every dollar spent