Accelerate Business Growth with AWS Cloud Migration
AWS Cloud Migration Services
In an age of advanced technology, cut-throat competition, and quick success, companies are looking at solutions that will be an omnipotent force in maintaining their existence.
And in that sense, technologies such as the ‘cloud’ do just the things we want and which we cannot describe verbally. How?
This single technology can serve multiple business goals with a suite of advantages and services.
Your business may be driven by the need for:
- Increased productivity
- A consolidated and reliant data center
- The flexibility to unify work elements and business operations after a merger or acquisition
- Enhancing infrastructure capacity
- Cutting down on operational costs and hardware
- Increasing existing business operations TAT and much more..
But while there are many providers out there, how do you decide which one to approach? And how will you know which ones move and operate the way you want them to?
World tech giants are ever-ready with their fine-tuned cloud solutions to meet whatever your need, your business size and the reach of operations.
One such effective service is Amazon Web Services, fondly known as AWS!
Migrating to an AWS Cloud, with more than 90 services including computing, data analytics, storage, databases, continuous integration, and artificial intelligence has written the success stories of many businesses.
But before understanding the AWS Cloud Migration, let’s understand how companies using the cloud are driven to cloud adoption.
AWS Cloud Migration Process
In an emerging trend, large enterprises are choosing cloud migration as a business transformation drive. The common migration pattern encompasses five phases:
Phase 1: Creating the Migration Blueprint Along the Business Framework
In this phase, users need to outline clear-cut business objectives and accordingly analyze the types of benefits that they will receive. This begins with creating some starter experience and designing a project for migration. The process also entails taking into account existing infrastructure and applications with their limitations.
Phase 2: Constructing a Migration Plan Upon Understanding of Interrelation Between Apps
Users need to understand how their IT framework works & how their apps are interconnected and decide a migration strategy accordingly to meet each business case. Considering the aforementioned and building a migration plan accordingly puts users in a better position throughout the migration process.
Phase 3 & 4: Application-wise Designing, Migration and Validating Application
While it is important to understand your entire IT portfolio, it is important to focus on individual applications as well. Users need to design, migrate and validate each application. AWS designs migrate and validate each application according to AWS six common application strategies. Once users are sure of migrating a few applications critical to business and have a compact migration plan, they can kickstart the migration process and scale their cloud operations.
Phase 5: Cloud Operations
Once the applications have been migrated to the cloud, users can conduct regular business operations on a new foundation and incorporate innovation into the operating model. Users get to work with an operating model that is constantly evolving as they scale business operations on the cloud.
AWS Cloud Migration Tools and Services
Every technology’s successful implementation and incorporation depends on the kind of tools used and AWS has a suite of proven tools that are tailored to get the migration process done just right!
Discovery and Migration Process Tracking
- AWS Migration Hub – The AWS Migration hub provides users with a centralized dashboard to track the application migration process. It also allows users to choose the best fitting tools based on their migration needs and lets them read into the status of app portfolio migration using key metrics. Users also have the advantage of knowing individual app progress no matter which tool is being used.
- AWS Application Discovery Service – This specialized service helps users plan migration projects based on information gathered from on-premise data centers. AWS Application Discovery Service presents users with configuration, behavior, and usage from servers to help them better understand workloads.
Server & Database Migration
- AWS Server Migration Service – Also known as AWS SMS, this service eases and speeds the migration process by migrating thousands of on-premise workloads to AWS. It allows users to automate, schedule, and track incremental replications of live server volumes.
- AWS Database Migration Service – With this service users can migrate data to and from most-widely used commercial and open-source databases. The source database continues to be fully operational during the migration process and minimizes downtimes.
- VMWare Cloud on AWS – VMWare cloud on AWS assists customers by helping them run VMWare workloads on the AWS Cloud. VMware virtualization and management software will seamlessly deploy and manage VMWare workloads across all their on-premises and AWS environments.
- Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration – This service speeds up internet transfers to Amazon S3. Users can maximize their available bandwidth irrespective of distance or varying internet weather.
- AWS Snowball – This is a petabyte-scale data transport solution that employs secure appliances to transfer large volumes of data to and from AWS.
- AWS Snowmobile – This service is used to transfer extremely large volumes of data to AWS up to 100PB including video libraries, image repositories and even a complete data center migration.
- AWS Direct Connect – This service allows users to establish a direct network connection between a corporate network and an AWS direct connect location. With the support of standard 802.1q VLANs, the connection can be divided into multiple virtual interfaces. It allows users to use the same connection to access public and private resources while maintaining a partition between both environments.
- Amazon Kinesis Firehose – It is a fully managed service that enables an easy process of loading streamed data into AWS. It captures and automatically loads streaming data into Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift provisioning near real-time analytics with existing business intelligence tools and dashboards.
Benefits of AWS Cloud Migration
- Improved Business Workflows
- Enhanced Security
- Effective Cost Optimization
- Access to Innovation
- Business Continuity
Veritis – A Reliable Cloud Partner
Veritis team of cloud experts with sound expertise and proven track-records can help you set up your ideal AWS Cloud Platform to give your business the transformation it requires. Time is too precious, get in touch right away.