Azure DevOps Services – Plan Smart, Build Fast and Execute at a New Speed
Azure DevOps Consulting Services
Years of using self-made tools and the dire need for development of a process that can help build and deliver products at a faster rate led to the advent of Microsoft’s ‘Azure DevOps’.
Bringing about a change in the development lifecycle, Microsoft’s widely-known flagship integrated development environment ‘Visual Studio Team Service (VSTS)’ evolved into becoming ‘Azure DevOps.’
Azure DevOps “spans the breadth of the development lifecycle to help developers ship software faster and with higher quality,” says Microsoft.
Supporting both public and private cloud configurations, Azure DevOps service gained popularity for its ability to extend beyond, compatibility with applications of any type, irrespective of the framework, platform, or cloud.
Changing the work style, Azure DevOps has introduced new ways to plan smarter with enhanced collaboration and achieve faster product delivery, backed by modern development services.
Key Features that Azure offers include:
- Azure Boards: Use the proven agile tools to effectively plan, track and discuss work among teams, and deliver high value to your customers. Use proven productivity tools to create and track sprints, backlogs, team dashboards and custom reporting, and more.
- Azure Pipelines: Develop, test and deploy CI/CD workflows that are compatible with any language, platform, and cloud. Automating builds and deployments with pipelines can save time, giving scope for innovation.
- Azure Repos: Enjoy the advantage of access to the world’s largest repository. With Azure Repos, one can get unlimited, cloud-hosted private Git repositories. One can also form collaborations to build better code through pull requests and advanced file management mechanism.
- Azure Test Plans: Use manual and exploratory testing tools to test and proceed further. Planned and exploratory activity can improve code quality in apps.
- Azure Artifacts: Integrate fully-integrated package management with CI/CD pipelines at a click. Witness the flexibility of creating, hosting and sharing packages from public and private sources with your teams.
It is noteworthy that Azure Pipelines are capable of offering free CI/CDs for an unlimited time period and 10 parallel jobs for every open source project.
As a whole, Azure DevOps is a collection that offers an end-to-end solution to five core DevOps practices: Planning and tracking, development, build and test, delivery and monitoring, and operations.
Launched in 2018, Microsoft Azure DevOps has garnered a good number of service providers within a short span of release. Especially, with strong expertise in DevOps consulting along with proven excellence in Azure Cloud could be your best option as an Azure DevOps Consulting partner.
Azure DevOps Tools
Continuous Integration and Delivery Tools
- Jenkins – This is an open-source server used to build apps in the cloud and deploy the same in Azure. Jenkins helps you set up continuous integration/continuous delivery for software projects. Users can host Jenkins in Azure to centralize the build automation and scale deployment as per the needs of the project.
Infrastructure Automation and Configuration Management Tools
- Ansible – This tool helps users by automating cloud provisioning, configuration management and application deployments. Ansible enables provisioning of virtual machines, containers, and network and complete cloud infrastructures. Besides, it enables users to automate the deployment and configuration of resources in an environment.
- Chef Automate – The Chef Automate solution for Azure helps you build, deploy and manage your infrastructure/applications along with your team. It provides transparency across the entire workflow while enabling continuous compliance and management of all the changes within a common framework.
- Puppet Enterprise – Puppet Enterprise automates the entire lifecycle of your Azure infrastructure for both cloud and on-premise. It lets you manage infrastructure-as-a-code enabling easy DevOps adoption. This module also provisions, configures and manages Azure resources.
- Terraform – Terraform cloud infrastructure provisioning tool organizes infrastructure into configuration files that define the arrangement of cloud resources including virtual machines, storage accounts and networking interfaces.
Key Azure DevOps Service Offerings:
Veritis guides you through the development lifecycle, quickly and responsively, thus ensuring that development teams remain agile. This improved agility leads to better product delivery, as the team can respond to market demands quickly.
Here are some of our key Azure DevOps Service offerings:
- Governance: Deploying the right team, skill sets, tools, and processes are imperative for DevOps Success. Veritis guides you in establishing an effective product and system development team and tools and offers a fully managed service.
- Work Management and Planning: Effective work assignment, planning, tracking, and management is essential in Azure DevOps. We help establish your teams, work activities, processes, and cadences to best suit the given DevOps environment.
- Seamless Interface: Azure DevOps is closely interconnected with various development specializations, including apps, data and integrations, and testing activities. Veritis aids in bringing these complex activities and aspects together seamlessly and integrate them with the DevOps pipeline.
- Azure Pipeline Development: Building, testing, and deploying DevOps CI/CD pipeline helps automate code builds, testing, deployments, and releases. We help you navigate the growing complexity of software and develop CI/CD pipelines compatible with any language, platform, and cloud.
- Release Management: As DevOps brings greater speed and reliability to the software delivery lifecycle, release management can often be daunting. Veritis can tailor the release management process on par with your DevOps methodologies.
Business Benefits of Azure DevOps Implementation
Veritis can help you leverage both short and long-term business benefits of Azure DevOps implementation, such as:
- Greater Reliability
- High Scalability
- Timely Access to New Features
- Accelerated Time-to-Market
- Improved Mean Time-to-Recovery
Why Choose Veritis?
Implementing Azure DevOps can help you plan faster, collaborate better, and deliver quickly. However, the transition to modern DevOps can be a daunting task. You must navigate through a new, complex environment, unprecedented costs, and the fear of the unknown. Don’t worry; Veritis can help you lead the DevOps journey successfully.
With over a decade of proven excellence in DevOps Consulting Services, Veritis understands the different elements of Azure DevOps and which option is the best for your business. For consultation, training, implementation, and assistance for all your Azure DevOps solutions, contact us now.