Cloud Computing Services to Education Sector
The client is a reputed US-based educational institution with a century-old track record of providing quality education for aspiring students in the region. With a variety of courses ranging from majors, undergraduate, professional-specific, and study-abroad programs on food, health, and the environment, the institute prepares students in alignment with the current employment sector requirements.
The client was looking for a solution that shifts its usage of traditional methods for internal communication among staff and management. For this, it needed a platform that makes communication more comfortable, faster and timelier, along with providing access to the start-of-the-art calendaring.
Veritis team of experts was quick to engage with the university’s IT team to get a complete assessment of the situation and execute the migration plan. The next steps included restoring business continuity for the staff who experienced difficulty with the migration process, stabilizing infrastructure before proceeding further, engaging with Microsoft’s team for better development outcomes, migrating email accounts and centralizing the diverse usage of various platforms for email and calendaring.
Client Challenge Areas
Veritis adopted a strategic approach to understanding how each stakeholder used email and calendaring in alignment with their tasks, identifying shortcomings and preparing timelines for project execution, which did not interfere with the stakeholders’ regular activity. The next was centralizing all accounts across a single platform.
Key Responsibilities Held
Following are the key responsibilities held:
- Engaged with the university’s Information Technology Services (ITS) team and understood the university’s communication framework
- Held discussions with Microsoft on the best practices, tools and software to go about the project
- Restored business continuity during the initial stages of the project
- Treated email failure instances with immediate attention during the time period between migration processes
- Coached and educated the university’s faculty and staff about critical procedural upgrades, timelines and project progress
- Eliminated human error during the migration process using Veritis suite of tools
Puppet, Cloud Middleware, Openstack and VMware
Veritis team of experts worked successfully with the university’s ITS and Microsoft to bring out the best outcomes. With Veritis’ help, the client has successfully transferred almost 100% of the university’s staff onto the Office 365 platform. The university now has a centralized email platform that provisions effective and uniform communication and strategic and smart calendaring across the diverse departments.