How DevOps can help Logistics Industry?
The world has evolved to an extent that many critical processes are happening at a matter of fingertips.
And, the technology solutions made it much more comfortable by easing many mission-critical tasks across industries. Moreover, new-age practices like DevOps are completely transforming the industry functioning by bridging gaps between major teams of an organization.
DevOps is already revolutionizing the IT business but has a lot to do for other industries!
‘Logistics’ is one such industry known for its mission-critical tasks.
Technology in Logistics Industry
Over the years, the logistics industry has developed a lot from taking months for moving shipments to deploy robotics and more advanced technologies to get the work done faster than before.
The industry has been at the forefront of adopting every new technology.
According to the Logistics, Supply Chain and Transportation 2023 report by Forbes, more than two-thirds of the logistics industry players expect technology addition to achieving high productivity.
Many of the survey respondents reported their inclination to blockchain technology allied to the Internet of Things (IoT) and telematics.
53 percent of respondents reported technology deployment as an appropriate solution to achieve enhanced customer experience, majorly through today’s trending technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Technologies that are popularly knowing for shaping the logistics industry include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Autonomous Vehicles
While these are today’s high-performing technology solutions, DevOps, as a culture-driven approach, plays a significant role in many of today’s technologies.
DevOps for the Logistics Industry
Be it Cloud, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, or Machine Learning, DevOps definitely has a vital role in transforming the software process chain of that particular technology environment.
Thanks to the DevOps collaborative culture that made it possible!
While technologies like IoT play crucial in the logistics industry for tracking and management operations, DevOps has a great value-addition.
For instance, if we look at DevOps value-addition to IoT, security and faster development through cross-collaboration among the working teams is one of the critical DevOps value-additions to IoT functioning.
With its continuous integration and continuous deployment abilities, DevOps helps in automating the build verification testing process by breaking the entire development lifecycle into multiple stages.
Unlike the traditional release-based delivery model, DevOps breaks down the development cycle into incremental design, coding, integration, testing, delivery and monitoring mechanisms.
Thus, DevOps helps in achieving faster and flexible development with timely feedback from deployment teams, thus making it possible to tackle the continuous adoption of dynamic conditions and requirements in IoT without causing an additional burden.
- Coming to the case of Artificial Intelligence, AI-DevOps combination can bring in a wide range of transformation in terms of Data Accessibility, Predictive Analytics, self-governing systems, application development, among others.
- Machine Learning capabilities backed by DevOps also offers some unique advantages such as Application Progress, Quality Check, Secured Application Delivery, Seamless Production Cycles, Triage Analytics, Early Detection, among others.
Summarized, DevOps players have a crucial role in logistics operations such as:
- End-to-end development of features
- Designing solutions
- Code development and deployments
- Executing CI/CD cycles in a containerized environment
- Collaborate with AWS Stack
- Set up API Gateways
- Dealing with Databases like Mongo DB, MySQL, among others
- Build, deploy and run automated cycles for seamless connectivity systems and applications
- Migrate platforms
- Monitor, log and audits of production systems for compliance
Business Benefits of DevOps in the Logistics Industry
Get the DevOps culture-driven approach to see a new wave of operations in the logistics industry!